District Offices are open for our customers.

We will continue to serve you effectively and appreciate your patience and understanding while we work together to protect public health. 

For San Diego County Covid Information, please see here.

We are reachable in several ways during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

The APCD provides services online, via e-mail, fax, surface mail, and the telephone as follows:

For general inquiries Phone: (858) 586-2600

Fax:  Main Office: (858) 586-2601; Compliance Division: (858) 586-2651

Address: 10124 Old Grove Road, San Diego, CA 92131

The following APCD divisions are here to assist you:

Compliance Division

E-mail: apcdcomp@sdcounty.ca.gov

Air Quality Complaints

Report air quality issues via the Tell Us Now mobile app, by contacting the APCD at 858-586-2650, or via e-mail at apcdcomp@sdcounty.ca.gov.

Asbestos Notifications

Asbestos notifications can be submitted online or via email.  
To learn how to submit asbestos notifications online, please see here.

Gas Station Performance Tests

Notifications and test results can be submitted online or via email
To learn how to submit notification and test results online, please see here.

Breakdown Notifications

Breakdown notifications can be submitted online or via email.  To learn how to submit notification and test results online please see here.  
Alternatively, you may submit the breakdown notification by calling the Compliance Division at (858) 586-2650, either during office hours or after hours. 

When reporting a breakdown, please include all of the following information.

  1. Time of the call and the time of the start of the breakdown
  2. Estimated duration of the breakdown, if known
  3. Specific location
  4. Equipment involved, and
  5. To the extent known, the cause(s) of the breakdown

Hazardous Materials Business Plan

For Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP) Plan Check, submit your information online using the Online Hazardous Materials Questionnaire through Accela Citizen Access 

Instructions are here

You will be asked to create a username and password and will be able to submit information online. You will have the ability to pay the fee online and receive a digitally stamped copy of the Hazardous Materials Questionnaire. HMD can also refer the information to the APCD for their review and stamp.


- Send an electronic copy of the Hazardous Materials Questionnaire to hmdutyeh@sdcounty.ca.gov. Once received, fee payment can be arranged online.

After we’ve received your fee payment, you will receive your Hazardous Materials Questionnaire with a digital stamp. (these are instructions from the County’s Department of Environmental Health)

Air Monitoring

For air quality concerns contact Air Monitoring and Technical Services, at APCDWX.LUEG@sdcounty.ca.gov

Engineering Division (permitting)

Permit and Registration Applications

Applications can be submitted online (for certain types of applications) or via email.

To learn how to submit permit applications online please click here.

Construction Completion Notifications

Construction Completion Notifications can be submitted via email or via US Postal Service.

Emission Inventory Submittals

Emission inventory submittals can be submitted online, via email, or via US Postal Service.

To learn how to submit emission inventory information online please click here.

General inquiries

About permitting, emission inventory or health risk assessments, please contact us at 858-586-2600 or via email at apcdengineering@sdcounty.ca.gov.

Incentive Grants Program

For inquiries about the incentive grants program, please contact us at cleanairgrants@sdcounty.ca.gov.

Human Resources

For general inquires please email Araceli Angulo, Sr. Departmental Human Resources Officer, at: araceli.angulo@sdcounty.ca.gov or call the general APCD HR line (858) 586-2890.

Business Support Services

Customers can also reach this division at apcdpermits@sdcounty.ca.gov or by calling 858-586-2600 and requesting to speak to the Aide on duty regarding any of the following:

  • Credit card payments
  • Payment of asbestos notices
  • General inquiries about the status of a payment or refund
  • Permits to Operate can be sent to customers via email
  • Invoices via email
  • Retiring permits
  • Public Records Act requests
  • Permit information