What is not a Breakdown Condition?
Rule 98 (Breakdown Conditions: Emergency Variance) states you cannot qualify for breakdown relief if the situation:
- Is the result of neglect or disregard of any air pollution control law or rule or regulation;
- Is intentional or negligent;
- Is the result of improper maintenance;
- Constitutes a nuisance; or
- Is a recurrent breakdown of the same equipment.
If you are unsure whether your situation would be a breakdown condition, please call the Compliance Division.